Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Grandma's Chocolate Pie
2 cups sugar
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1 can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
2 Tablespoon butter
Pinch of Salt
¼ cup flour
1 9 inch pie crust
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F
2. In a saucepan, whisk flour, 1 ½ cups sugar, coca, vanilla and evaporated milk. Beat egg yolks and stir into pan. Add butter and cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Sit constantly.
3. Add mixture to an unbaked pie shell.
4. Cook for 35 to 45 minutes, or until pie is not wobbly when shaken.
5. Beat egg white until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup of sugar, beating constantly until stiff peak forms. Spread over pie.
6. Return pie to oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden in color.