10 - 14 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cups white sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1. Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugars, cinnamon and cloves. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
2. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
4. Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
5. Blend with an immersion blender, or blend in small batches in a traditional blender.
6. Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.