Sunday, September 11, 2011

Peanut Blossoms

What to do with leftover Halloween candy? That is the question I asked myself after I came home with a few bags of candy from the store. It is hard to pass up candy when it’s on sale after Halloween. Of the candy I picked up the only candy I could use would be the Hershey Carmel Kisses. I had already made the Christmas Surprise cookies with the regular Hershey kisses so I wanted something else. I had remembered seeing a recipe in my mom’s recipe box called Peanut Blossoms. I went digging through and found it and though this would be a perfect fit to use up this candy.

1 ¾ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup shortening
½ cup peanut butter
1 egg
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag Hershey Kisses (I used Carmel Kisses)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream sugar, brown sugar and shortening.
3. Add peanut butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Gradually add flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Roll dough into small balls then roll in sugar.
6. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Once out of the oven place a Hershey kiss on top of each cookie.

No comments: