Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I use to always buy Chicken Noodle soup in a can. I was raised on the Campbell's kind as a child. We never had homemade chicken noodle soup. Last year I came across a recipe and I had to try it. To my surprise it turned out so much better then the can soup. Since then I have adapted that recipe into this one and this has become a staple in our house on those cold and rainy days.

Ingredients:
1 cup pasta
1-2 chicken breast cooked and diced
½ teaspoon vegetable oil
4 cups chicken broth
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup mixed veggies
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Combine chicken, chicken broth, oil, poultry seasoning and veggies. Bring to a boil.
2. Once to a boil reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Add pasta and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until pasta is done. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: