2 yellow Squash
4 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove minced
2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can mild green chili’s
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop squash, zucchini, and carrots into bite size pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. While vegetables are simmering melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Stir in onion and cook until translucent. Then add garlic and cook for another minute. Scrap onion and garlic mixture into a bowl and wipe skillet clean.
4. Melt the last tablespoon of butter into the skillet. Pour 1 cup of the Ritz cracker crumbs into skillet. Cook briefly until golden in color. Scrape the crumbs onto a small plate and reserve them.
5. Drain the vegetable mixture. Mash the vegetables just a bit.
6. In a mixing bowl stir vegetables, cheese, can of green chili, onion mixture and the remaining cracker crumbs. Stir in eggs and salt and pepper mixture to taste
7. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Scatter toasted cracker crumbs over top. Bake for 30 minutes.