Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mississippi Mud Cake

Looking through my grandmother’s recipe box I came across this recipe. I remember having this as one of the many desserts she use to have for each visit. My grandmother would always ask each grandkid, there were 5 of us what we wanted for dessert next time we visited. I think I always asked for apple pie or chocolate pie. Then someone would ask for this or something else so you can imagine how many desserts there where. I do miss going to the country to visit her and all the wonderful meals.

Cake:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
½ cup Cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup melted butter
1 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup nuts (I used pecans)
1 jar marshmallow cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine eggs and sugar and beat until creamy.
3. Add melted butter, flour, cocoa, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
4. Pour into a greased pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
5. As soon as cake is removed from oven cover with marshmallow cream.

Icing:
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
½ cup cocoa
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup nuts (I used pecans)

1. Melt butter and removed from heat.
2. Add milk, cocoa, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add nuts and mix well.
4. Pour over top of marshmallow cream.

No comments: